Monday, September 24, 2007

Waiting for Gordo.............

Just about to head off to the conference centre for Gordo's speech. This is my first Labour Party conference and I was amused to note just how keen they are on promoting democracy within their party, perhaps this gives a clue to their approach to governing in general! The Conference guide (glossy and red) is full of fringes (tho to be honest I think we have a wider and richer selection), adverts, rallying calls to the troops..........and two pages, yes TWO pages devoted to the main business of conference! And of course, no opportunity for the troops to participate in policy making, no motions, just "Policy Seminars" - no narrative, just, for example on Tuesday morning "Policy Seminars - 0900 - 10.30 - Britain in the World - Health - Education". Well if I was a Labour footsoldier I may be a little miffed that three of the issues I care passionately about were awarded half an hour each for me to possibly put my tenpenneth in! (That'll learn me not to be so critical of FCC!!!!!).

So, watch this space, will report back later.............................

No comments: