Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shout out for Peter Black!

I am just home from a very interesting evening at Lambeth Palace (more later) and happened upon this piece about Peter Black's proposed Private Members Measure, to quote "He could have a good chance with his Private Members Measure, which would oblige local authorities to meet the demand amongst young people for leisure and education-based facilities".

Well done Peter! I wish you the very best of luck. I was one of those people in 1997 who naively believed a Labour government would make a difference to young people's lives. All I saw was a government presiding over the further decimation of the youth service and youth facilities. There is a mountain to climb but I am proud that a Lib Dem is prepared to make this a priority for Wales. Would that we had the same commitment in the rest of the UK.

No comments: